Photo: F. Saggio
Research at the NCMM is focused on molecular mechanisms in non-communicable diseases, such as cancer, metabolic disease, immune disorders, cariovascular disease, and CNS-related disease, as well as stem cells, infection and inflammation.
NCMM's overall goal is to excel in molecular medicine research and facilitate the translation of basic medical research into clinical practice, and utilizes the following strategies to meet this goal:
- ► Focus on disease mechanisms and strive towards personalized medicine
- ► Exploit Norwegian (and Nordic) biobanks and health registries
- ► Exploit knowledge of the human genome and a toolbox of techniques from functional genomics
- ► Take advantage of Norwegian areas of strength in molecular medicine
By establishing new diagnostic methods and identifying potential drug targets, as well as adapting medical technologies for more patient-specific applications, the NCMM is developing new therapeutic strategies for commercial exploitation.
- ► Research groups
- ► NCMM publications
- ► Collaborations and infrastructure initiatives
- ► NCMM founding partners
- ► NCMM Associate Investigators